Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

During the previous week, I've been busy with two long tests, an oral exam, and a debate.( A debate, by the way, is undoubtedly the worst possible class activity one could ever ask Vochelle Sia to participate in. The memory of what happened during my freshmen En12 debate is still burned in my mind. It was the worst experience ever. It shattered my already shattered self-esteem into microscopic pieces.) But somehow, in the midst of all that, and despite the fact that the amount of caffeine I had to take was quite a lot, I still managed to steal a few moments from my tightly-packed (but never strictly-followed) day-to-day plans to finally watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries!

Yes, finally, I watched it at last! And I’ve been pretty much so engrossed. It doesn’t help that a single episode only lasts for, at most, seven minutes. How can that not lead to procrastination? It’s so easy to continue delaying and tell myself that I’m going to watch one last video, and then another one, and another one, and another one… until, well, I guess you already know how this ends.

I love watching things where we see different well-loved characters get immersed into different contexts. This probably also explains why I enjoy watching Once Upon A Time! When characters are adapted into a different environment, of course, their defining characteristics are highlighted. Spotting those things and seeing how they perfectly work in that different context never fails to awaken an overwhelming, enthusiastic, and nerdy fangirl force inside me.

I love that this version's Kitty is an actual cat. This obviously is super important.

Anyway, watching LBD reminds me of a certain project I did last sem. Tadaaahhhaaaha. 

I knowww, I knowww. I didn't know what I was doing when I was doing this project. Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment