I am feeling strangely optimistic at the moment. It's weird! Really weird! After spending two and a half months bumming inside my room, I just about started thinking that I could never ever associate "I" and "optimistic" with each other. But here I am today, feeling positively hopeful about things!
I have to admit, though, that the pessimistic glands in my brain still secrete out some negativity from time to time. I do feel like this brand new optimism of mine won't last long. Good habits are about as difficult to maintain as how easy it is to fall into bad and old ones. I think that since school has just started and nothing's stressing me out yet, I can say things like these. But at the moment something goes wrong, I fear that it will be like as if a final thin thread has broken. I'm probably just fooling myself. (Or it's probably just the effects of rewatching Awkward. It did give me slight optimism too after I watched it the first time. haha)
But then again, that's the thing with this brand new optimism of mine- I feel like I've finally learned enough to fight ugly negative thoughts. Right now, I feel like I've had enough reminder and I will finally get things right. The ugly thoughts are there, but now I feel like I won't be easily forgetting how to counter them with being positive.
0 comments:
Post a Comment