I go through my Facebook and Twitter timeline and think that everyone's a phony. I watch entertainment shows and think that celebrities are such phonies. I'm even beginning to think that Taylor Swift is such a phony! I sometimes even feel like my parents are phonies. I feel like a phony for caring too much about whether I'm being a phony or not.
You see, the real phony is me. (Yes, I do feel even more like a phony for saying that!) But it's the truth! Because I realized that I actually can't recall the book's ending. I only vaguely remember there being a little sister involved, but aside from that, I really can't remember how the story concluded. Here I am feeling like Holden Caulfield when actually, I don't think I got a good grasp of the point of the book. I only got the whole "everyone's a phony" part and nothing else, I guess.
That is why I'm a phony. I am a phony, one that needs to read the book again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment